To Knutsford in search of Elizabeth Gaskell and the real ‘Cranford’
Elizabeth Gaskell published 'Cranford' in 1851 and based it on her experiences of life in the attractive Cheshire town of Knutsford before she was married. Today Knutsford celebrates this famous author and her feisty 'Amazons'.
Quirky Travel Poem: ‘Ithaka’ by Cavafy
Keep Ithaka always in your mind The last of the summer sun flooded the beach and filtered through the open widows of the Ithaki Restaurant on Ornos Beach, Mykonos..* It was Oxi Day, the 28th October, a national holiday in Greece, celebrating the day they said ‘No’ to the Italian dictator...
Load more posts
Search the site
ABOUT THE QUIRKY TRAVELLER
Hi, I’m Zoë; welcome to my quirky world…
QUIRKY TRAVEL is about seeing the world from a different angle, looking at things from all sides, finding the unusual, the interesting, the fascinating. It’s about quality combined with classiness, it’s about being curious about everything and wanting to know more…
- The Heart is Like a Compass
- Quirky Travel Poem: ‘Consolation’ by Billy Collins
- 7 soulful places to visit around Morecambe Bay #followpye #lancashire #cumbria
- Canada: Mind, Body, Spirit experiences that FEEL GREAT #forglowinghearts
- Exploring the simple attractions of Molle on the west coast of Sweden