The marvellously quirky Art Deco Midland Hotel in Morecambe
The Midland Hotel glitters with Art Deco design. Opened in 1933, it is on the site of a much older hotel, built in the 1840s when the railways first started bringing holidaymakers to the seaside resort of Morecambe, in north Lancashire. Architect Oliver Hill was chosen to create ‘…. a...
5 Places to Get Away from the hurly burly
Where do you recommend I visit? Where can I get away from it all? What’s your favourite place in the UK? What’s the quirkiest place you’ve ever been to? These are just some of the questions I get asked on a regular basis and my answer changes each time, depending on...
Load more posts
Search the site
ABOUT THE QUIRKY TRAVELLER
Hi, I’m Zoë; welcome to my quirky world…
QUIRKY TRAVEL is about seeing the world from a different angle, looking at things from all sides, finding the unusual, the interesting, the fascinating. It’s about quality combined with classiness, it’s about being curious about everything and wanting to know more…
- The Heart is Like a Compass
- Quirky Travel Poem: ‘Consolation’ by Billy Collins
- 7 soulful places to visit around Morecambe Bay #followpye #lancashire #cumbria
- Canada: Mind, Body, Spirit experiences that FEEL GREAT #forglowinghearts
- Exploring the simple attractions of Molle on the west coast of Sweden