TQT Events & Speaking
A Taste of Greece with the REAL Mamma Mia
aka The Quirky Traveller
Newton and Field Broughton
Lindale Village Hall
13th June 7.30pm – 9pm
Telling tales of my rackety life living in Athens in the 1980s. I gave up my job, my boyfirend and my house to work in Greece as an English Teacher. There I discovered enduring friendship, had some amorous adventures and lived the life of the REAL Mamma Mia …
WI members (and friends) welcome
The Quirky Traveller Talks
Popular Presentations include:
- The Quirky Traveller Tale: the roller-coaster journey to becoming a travel writer
- A Taste of Greece with The Real Mama Mia: my rackety life in Athens
- Sweet & Sour in Hong Kong: coming of age in corporate land
- Quirky Tales of an Off-Comer: a personal view of the reality of country living
- I left my brolly in Sarawak: my quirky travels in South East Asia
- Top 10 Favourite Travel Experiences: from gorillas in Africa to Canadian road trip
- Blogging is Good For You – the ‘Feel Good’ Factor of writing online
If you’d like me to give a talk to your group, conference, meeting or event, Contact Zoë to find out more.
Travel Writing: Crafting Your Story
*NEW* A 3-day course (residential or non-residential) to develop your travel writing skills in Higham Hall. The north’s leading residential college for adults, Higham Hall is set in the beautiful North Lakes National Park. Day and multi-day courses and lectures to interest everyone.
Explore what makes good Travel Writing. Transform holiday jottings, make the most of a journal. Write compelling articles to inspire or start a travel blog. Learn how to create the Circle of Attention, write a gripping opener, identify your writing voice, understand dialogue, use the senses to create atmosphere and much more.
There will lots of opportunities to practice your writing and get feedback from the tutor and fellow participants. Weather-permitting, you’ll be going out in the grounds of Higham Hall and possibly further afield to get inspiration from your surroundings.
Experience unnecessary – just love travel and be ready to try something new.
Residential: £231 Non-residential: £164
More details about Higham Hall, the Course, and Booking Information here > Travel Writing – Crafting Your Story